If you’ve developed dark circles and are worried you’re going to be stuck with them forever, don’t be. We have rounded up together 5 best useful home remedies to help you get Rid of Dark Circles and under eye bags.
A completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes, almond oil helps lighten dark circles. Combine almond oil with vitamin E oil and your dark circles will be history. Plus, these ingredients really something that’s a staple in every household.
- Before hitting the sack, apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin.
- Leave the oil on overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water next morning.
- Repeat this every day until your dark circles are gone.
Remember those Hollywood movies where women are seen relaxing at a spa with cucumber slices on their eyes? Well, there’s a reason beyond gloss. With skin-lightening and mildly astringent properties, cucumbers are completely equipped to fix those raccoon eyes. Better yet, they are soothing and refreshing too.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the area thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
Potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents and used raw, they help lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
- Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to extract the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes.
- Make sure the juice covers the dark circles entirely.
- Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
There’s a reason mothers always advise their children to rinse their eyes with Rose Water when they’re sore. It not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Tomato, the fruit that’s used like a vegetable, is known to naturally possess powerful bleaching properties that can lighten skin very effectively.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off well with cool water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Since orange juice is high in both vitamin A and C content, it can help remove dark circles under your eyes.
Add a few drops of glycerin to orange juice and then soak a cotton makeup remover pad to apply to your under-eye skin. You’ll reap the benefits of orange’s vitamins as well as the natural glow glycerin gives to your skin.
But eventually, you have to balance out your lifestyle and get proper rest and have a proper diet.
One of the main reasons that’s seen for the recurrence of dark circle under the eyes is because of stress, depression and a hectic lifestyle. No amount of home remedies will work if your mind isn’t cool and calm. Yoga and meditation if practiced regularly will not only decrease your dark circles will also balance the body clock whilst calming your mind, body, and soul.