Taapsee Pannu (born 1 August 1987) is an Indian actress and model known for her work in South Indian cinema and Bollywood.
Facts About Taapsee Pannu:
- Does Taapsee Pannu smoke?: No
- Does Taapsee Pannu drink alcohol?: Yes
- Taapsee is a Jat Sikhni, who was born and brought up in Delhi.
- During her 2nd year of college in computer engineering, she decided to switch to MBA. Later, she gave the CAT exam, and cleared the MBA entrance exam with a CAT score of 88, but didn’t get the admission where she wanted.
- During her college, she started modeling for ads for pocket money.
- She used to work as a public speaker at a school in Delhi and used to participate in all the festival competitions.
- She learned Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj’s disciples.
- She never thought that she could be an actress as she was studious and was always interested in Maths.
- In 2008, she participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and won the Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face titles, Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin titles.
- She got her breakthrough with Channel V’s Get Gorgeous pageant, after which she got many films offers.
- Her 2nd film Adakulam (2011), was both critically and commercially successful.
- She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011).
- She is the co-owner of an event company, The Wedding Factory.
- She has a crush on Ranbir Kapoor.
- She loves Powerpuff girls (cartoon characters).