The pearl shaped island is a heaven for many tourists, officially known as the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and to the southeast of the Arabian Sea.
Stunning beaches, wondrous culture, welcoming people, oodles of elephants, rolling surf, beautiful flora and fauna, mesmerizing tea garden, Buddhist temples resonating vibes of peace and serenity makes Sri Lanka a perfect destination for anyone.
A physical environment with wide-ranging diversity makes Sri Lanka one of the world’s most scenic countries.
The best places to visit in Sri Lanka while planning your tour are:
- Colombo (The capital of Sri Lanka): The architecture of the city resembles Dutch heritage revealing that it had remained a colony of Dutch people in the past. Places to visit;
- Colombo National Museum
- Premadasa Stadium
- Giant Buddha Statue
- Wolvendall Church
- Sigiriya: Explore soul of the country that contains the ruins and remains of the 5th-century city existed over there. Places to visit;
- The rock fortress
- Kandy: City that will keep you spellbound and mesmerized with the site famous for Buddhist and tea plantation.
- Ceylon tea museum
- Temple of the tooth shrine
- Royal Botanic garden
- Galle – The coastal city of Sri Lanka which is highly famous for its Galle Fort.
- Beaches at Galle Fort
- Galle museum
- Galle stadium
What to do:
Make sure that you get various exciting activities that you can do while you are on a trip to Sri Lanka;
- Go for the blue whale watching tour which is available at a price of 5000.
- Go for the wildlife safaris and explore the variety of fauna that you may have never seen all your life.
- Pay a visit to the famous Buddhist temples which is highly regarded by the people.
- Explore the endless beaches in Sri Lanka to experience the charm, adventures, and offerings of these gorgeous sandy shores.
- Make a stop at cultural places as Sri Lanka is one of the Buddhist cultural hubs and get to know about the origin and expansion of Buddhism.
Famous Food: Fish ambul thiyal (sour fish curry), Ambul Thiyal (Sour Fish Curry), Kottu (also, kottu roti), Kiribath (Milk Rice), Parippu (dhal curry) and Lamprais.
Local Language: Sinhala, English, and Tamil
Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee
Best Time to Visit: December to March